Site is currently under construction, please check back soon.

Eastern Washington

North Idaho

Western Montana



Kendrick, Idaho & Juliaetta, Idaho

Travel back to the early days of Idaho, when new settlers were proving up on their homesteads and aspiring merchants were building town such as Kendrick and Juliaetta.  Founded in the early 1890s, these towns have a wealth of historic buildings and interesting landmarks.  The towns of Juliaetta and Kendrick are nestled in a deep river valley carved out by Potlatch River. The town of Juliaetta was named by the first postmaster after his daughters, Julia and Etta Snyder.  A guided walking tour of the business district is available. Kendrick was founded in 1889 and was first called Latah.  When the Northern Pacific established its station, it was renamed Kendrick after the chief engineer, James P. Kendrick. 

Web site www.kendrick-juliaetta.org

Major Events and Festivals

May

Locust Blossom Festival

Held the fourth Saturday in May in Kendrick.

September

Blackberry Festival and Classic Car Show     Held the second Saturday in September in Juliaetta.

Attractions

Bethany Memorial Chapel

This historic church is located six miles northeast of Kendrick.  Built in 1905, the chapel was built by Norwegian homesteaders.  Eric Leien handcarved the pews, altar rail, and pulpit.

Castle Museum

Built as a home in the early 1900s, Castle Museum overlooks Juliaetta.  It was patterned after Scottish castles.  It has an eclectic collection of memorabilia from early pioneer life.  208.276.3081

Tour Historic Homes

Drive by the Long House, a delightful mansion from the 1890s.  It is a classic example of Victorian architecture located at the corner of 9th and Main streets in Kendrick.  The brick building along Kendrick’s Main Street date to the horse and buggy days.  Walking tour information is available from local merchants and at City Hall in both towns.

 

 

 

Recreation

Ed Corkill Memorial Trail

Begins near the Kendrick High School and runs along Highway 3 and scenic Potlatch Creek for 5.3 miles ending at the Juliaetta Centennial Park and Baseball field.

Swimming Pool